Wedding Gown Preservation
Experience the Massaro Difference: a difference you can see and feel!
Gown preservation ensures that after many wedding anniversaries, your dress will look as fresh as it did on your special day. Some brides choose to preserve their gown in hopes that they may pass it down to their daughter or granddaughter, or make it into a christening gown for their grandchildren. Some like to preserve it simply for sentimental value. Whatever reason you choose, be sure to do some research before you hand your gown over to just any preservationist!
Massaro Cleaners specializes in Wedding Gown Preservation and restoration. We employ state of the art cleaning processes developed by one of the industry's most well known wedding gown preservation to ensure your prized garment is safe.
Over the years, and with the experience of cleaning and preserving thousands of gowns, we have developed gentle soaking procedures to safely remove stains even from silk satin gowns. Few preservationists are capable of matching our stain removal successes. Here is an overview of our cleaning and preservation procedure.
1. Inspect thoroughly for stains, wear, age and oxidation. Use a SpectraLight to help identify currently invisible stains. Test the beads and trim for serviceability.
2. Tighten or replace beading and repair as needed.
3. Hand clean using gentle proprietary soaking procedures.
4. Rinse in a virgin solvent for a brief period to remove all cleaning agents.
5. Anti-sugar treatment prevents latent caramelized stains.
6. Inspect thoroughly for stains and latent sugars.
7. Post cleaning stain removal if needed.
8. Tighten beading and seams as required. Replace any missing ornamentation.
9. Hand finish the gown with extreme care to respect the designer's lines and drape.
10. Customer Inspection of the gown prior to boxing, if desired.
11. Package in a clean room in an archival-quality acid-free box with acid-free tissue and an unbleached cotton muslin liner.
Contact Rose Massaro for More Information regarding our wedding gown preservation service. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have, we are happy to assist you!
Dry Cleaning Tip!
Never Store your garments or wedding dress in the poly bags provided by your dry cleaner! They are meant only to keep them free of lint until pick up!
Plastic will trap moisture that could potentially cause damage to your clothing!
Museum Quality Gown Preservation
The secret to a proper preservation is in the materials your gown is packed in. With museum quality, four breathable barriers surround your gown, allowing for all important and overlooked exchange of air, while keeping light and moisture out. The tissue, cotton, and outer box are completely natural, unbleached, pH tested and chemical free. It is cleaned and packaged with care; only natural cotton touches your gown, the preservationist even wears cotton gloves to prevent the transfer of oils. With this packaging, you are able to open your box, and see your gown. In fact, occasional monitoring is recommended. Always store your preserved gown in a dry, room temperature area. Avoid basements, attics, and outer home walls. A closet or under a bed is ideal.
There is no better way to preserve your wedding day memories than with Museum Quality Gown Preservation!